找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 4688|回复: 11

[PSP] 小野义德畅谈《超级街头霸王4:3D》

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-2-7 19:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
After lengthy hands-on time with the entire 3DS launch lineup, no game impressed us quite as much as Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition. Sure the 3D effect is superfluous, but when it comes to fluidity, visuals and (for the most part) controls, this handheld version does an impressive job of cramming it all onto one tiny card. We recently had a chance to chat with Yoshi Ono, Capcom's general manager of R&D and all-around father of Street Fighter IV, about this latest version as well as possible plans for the future.

GamesRadar: Were you surprised when you first saw Super Street Fighter IV running on the 3DS? Did you think the machine was capable of such a visually accurate conversion?
Ono: The first time I had any kind of contact with the 3DS was shortly before E3 of last year. A couple of weeks before the show I got a call from [Capcom producer] Takeuchi-san, and he said he had something he wanted me to see. So I traveled to Osaka, and he whipped out a 3DS, and it was running a version of Resident Evil 5! And yes I was surprised we could get this kind of power in the palm of your hand, and 3D to boot.
It was almost time for me to go on vacation, part of Japan’s Golden Week series of holidays, but I was inspired to do something new. We started experimenting with the 3DS, threw together a quick build of SSFIV in a couple of weeks and invited Nintendo to come see it. They liked what they saw so much that they wanted to show it at E3 – I wasn’t really feeling that because it wasn’t terribly stable at the time, though I did give them a couple of screens and permission to talk about the game. But yeah, it was very surprising, just how powerful this little machine is.
GamesRadar: You’ve said this version, with its 3D graphics, StreetPass figurine sharing and other WiFi capabilities, is only possible on 3DS. Minus the 3D, is there anything here that couldn’t have been done on PSP?
Ono: I haven’t played a PSP game in a while, so I can’t talk specifics. I’m not terribly familiar with exactly what that machine is capable of. I can say, after speaking to others working in PSP development, the 3DS is eminently easier to develop for, and that’s really uncommon for a brand new machine. In the early stages, usually the tools you get aren’t great, the APIs are half broken etc. This time around, Nintendo’s done a fantastic job with that. We got this looking, essentially, like its big brother versions in a short period of time. In that sense it’s different than any other system, handheld or otherwise.
If you look at the features in SSFIV3D, we’ve pretty much gone through the checklist of what Nintendo wants to say about this new hardware. We’ve ported a game that gives you full console experience. The 3D’s looking really good, there’s WiFi play against other people, you can close it and walk around with it in your pocket to use StreetPass for figurine fighting, there’s a messaging system that updates even while the system is charging… we’ve pretty much covered all the bullet points and done it all in a very short development time. The fact we were able to pull all of that off in such a timeframe definitely speaks to the hardware.
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-7 19:59 | 显示全部楼层
GamesRadar: There’s an over-the-shoulder 3D view in the game, meant to show off the screen’s depth. Were there any other angles or ideas you experimented with before settling on that?
Ono:
It actually wasn’t that long of a process to figure that out. Early on we’d narrowed it down to the standard camera angle and this ¾ view, mainly because it is a fighting game and there are only so many angles that would make any sense at all. It made sense  to look at it from a casual user’s point of view. We wanted this game to be very inviting to them, and we thought it would show off the 3D effects really nicely if we tilted the camera just a hair. And we knew that lapsed players who’re coming back to the series would most likely choose Ryu or Ken, and that angle really suits them, given their move set. Not a whole lot of people coming back after 15 years are going to pick Zangief on their first try, and that angle doesn’t work so well with him. But we wanted to have something in there to appeal to people who aren’t yet familiar with the game or the hardware, and it gives you a good idea of how the 3D works.
GamesRadar: You said earlier the 3DS allows for console-quality porting, but were there any smaller, maybe imperceptible sacrifices you had to make under the hood to get it running?
Ono: There are a couple of things we did that could be called compromises, or techniques we used to make certain things easier to do. One is the facial expressions of the characters as they perform or get hit by Ultra Combos. On the home systems this is done through animation and the polygon bone structure of the face. On 3DS we quickly substitute out a different model of the face, one with a different expression on it. If you played it on a 60-inch TV you might notice, but not really on the small screen. It also did free us up to simplify the models and make the game move even faster.

The other thing is less a compromise and more something we had to do given the 3D nature of the hardware. We never really needed to think too much about the actual relative distance in the backgrounds because the games were always 2D. On 3DS, the development tools can, to a certain degree, read the Y axis and automatically tell where things are supposed to be in 3D space, but we still needed to fine tune them. Sometimes things would overlap, something you intended to be behind is now closer, that sort of thing. There was a lot of fine tuning that had to be done. Not really a compromise, just part of the of the development process.
Not to brag, but with Super Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, we’ve done a particularly good job of using the 3D depth, and that’s because we’ve done so much fine tuning. A lot of other games [seen at the New York 3DS event], I don’t want to name names or anything, it still looks like they haven’t necessarily done those last stage fine tuning things. The way we’ve done it, no matter where you position that slider, it’s going to look appropriately 3D. Not at all the games in their current state - surely later it’ll be a different story - necessarily look as good as how we’ve pulled it off.
GamesRadar: The 3DS version isn’t just the disc version of Super SFIV – it’s also the costumes and tweaks that have come via DLC since the console release. If these changes were included, why weren’t the Arcade Edition additions (like Yun, Yang and Evil Ryu) implemented into this version?
Ono: It was largely down to timing. The development of Arcade Edition and SSFIV3D were simultaneous for large portions, and on top of that we didn’t have a lot of time to mess around with a lot of debugging, so we wanted to find a stable, already proven game to start with for our port. We knew Super was out there performing well, the balance isn’t broken and so on, so we knew that would be safe.
That doesn’t necessarily mean this is the end-all version for the 3DS – if it looks like people are interested, we could look into augmenting the game with Arcade Edition features. But once again, the timing did not allow for us to have AE on the platform at this time.

Above: Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu, currently only available in Arcade Edition
GamesRadar: If the 3DS infrastructure is set up for such a thing, could the Arcade Edition changes come to 3DS as DLC?
Ono: Right now, since it’s still so early in the 3DS’ cycle, there’s a lot that’s unclear. It’s certainly something we’d be interested in if it looks like that sort of infrastructure is there and people are interested in an upgrade. To be really clear, this kind of decision would be based not only on what Nintendo has in mind for distribution methods, but also what the audience is going to pan out to be.
The good thing about Super is that it’s very well balanced. If you look at the tournaments, you see a lot of different characters participating, which you don’t see in a lot of other fighting games. Arcade Edition is kind of a special case in that it’s kind of deliberately not so well rounded. There are some extreme personalities, some “ultimate evil” style characters – we wanted them to be tuned up a bit and the player to think about “how am I supposed to beat this ultimate character?” It’s a little more geared towards the hardcore, so even if we have the ability to distribute something like AE, we wouldn’t necessarily do it. It would depend on the audience – if it’s all casual players [on 3DS] who aren’t interested in hardcore features, I don’t want to force them into some new version.
GamesRadar: Speaking of the hardcore fans… there’s a history with handheld fighting games, that they’re not very good or can be dismissed by serious or tournament players. We think the 3DS version is pretty amazing, but is there anything you’d want to say to those who might turn their nose up at this version?
Ono: Let’s be clear: this isn’t a game intended for proper tournaments. I don’t expect anyone at EVO to want this to be the main hardware for Super SFIV. Obviously there’s no joystick port so that automatically puts it out of the running with most hardcore players (laughs). At the same time, I would like to see people between matches, maybe they’re killing time waiting to play, whip out a 3DS and play for a little bit. We definitely haven’t forgotten about those guys; there’s a mode in the game called “Pro Mode” that allows you to turn off entirely the shortcut buttons and be matched online with other Pro Mode players.
The whole point to this version is to allow you to… let’s say you’re about to go to bed and want to get a couple of matches in, it’s perfect for that. Will it replace the other versions? Probably not, but it can be a nice companion, like the way we use PCs compared to iPhones. If you want to sit down and write some big long document, you’re probably going to sit at a PC. But if you’re somewhere else and you have your phone, you’re capable of doing the exact same thing, just on a smaller scale.
GamesRadar: I’ve been practicing moves on the 3DS version and am actually able to pull off combos and juggles that I can on the console version – impressive! The only concern is the L and R buttons, my hands are maybe too big to comfortably use them in an intense fight. Now, this is crazy pie in the sky talk, but how impossible would it be to have a weird Saturn-style 6-button attachment for 3DS?
Ono: You can almost kind of simulate that, as you can customize the touch screen to include whichever buttons or moves you want. You could theoretically make Weak Punch and Weak Kick buttons on the screen, and then use the face buttons. It wouldn’t be perfect, but it might simulate the effect. That’s what a lot of the younger guys at the office use, actually. We thought about maybe in Pro Mode having all six buttons on the touch screen, but when we tried, it wasn’t comfortable. Again it’s not perfect – it doesn’t feel that natural (laughs)!
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-7 20:00 | 显示全部楼层
GamesRadar: Obvious question – now that Sony has revealed the NGP, do you see a future for Super SFIV on that platform?
Ono: By the time NGP comes out, will people still want a version of Super Street Fighter IV? That’s kind of an open question. We do plan on doing some cool things, we’re thinking of ways to link the NGP and PS3, but it’s still way too early to announce anything. We’re definitely working on things, whether it’ll be a version of IV or not remains to be seen.
GamesRadar: OK, personal question to send of us off. I’m a big Blanka fan, and I thought maybe you’d have some insight on this, but why hasn’t Blanka been a part of any of the Marvel/Capcom Vs games? He’s always left out and I’m like “are you kidding?”
Ono: Oh you’re right… he hasn’t been in any of them! And he’s not in Marvel vs Capcom 3 either. It’s just his destiny to be left out I guess. He’s actually such a weird character he’d be a perfect fit.
GamesRadar: It hurts because he’s been my main character since 1991…  though in Super, I gravitated towards Juri, based on her design and moves.
Ono: (Chuckling) Sadly, Juri hasn’t proven that popular in Korea. I’ve actually received angry mail saying “Koreans don’t have hair like that!” but I’ve never seen a Brazilian guy with green skin, or an Indian who can breathe fire. C’mon, it’s a game!
We went to Russia earlier this year, and learned “Zangief” isn’t even possible in their language. It just doesn’t fit, there’s certain sounds that don’t work in Russian. We didn’t know that. 20 years later we found out!

原文http://www.gamesradar.com/f/super-street-fighter-iv-3ds-interview-with-yoshi-ono/a-20110204164627895022
相信在众多的3DS首发游戏当中,《超级街头霸王4:3D》(以下简称“SSFIV3D”)是留给大家印象最深刻的一款游戏吧。的确,它有着十分华丽的3D效果,不过相信真正让大家感到印象深刻的则是Capcom竟然能把主机版街霸的大部分元素(甚至增加了一些)整合在了那么小的一张卡带里。他们究竟是怎么做到的呢?下面我们就有请“街霸之父”,Capcom的研发主管小野义德来谈谈他对SSFIV3D的看法吧。

GamesRadar:当你第一次看到“SSFIV3D”在3DS上运行时是否感到惊讶呢?你当时觉得3DS是否真适合运行这样一款画面华丽的游戏呢?

小野义德:这要追溯到去年的E3了。就在E3开始的几周前,我们的制作人竹内润说有个好东西要给我看,于是我就到了大阪,在那儿他就拿出了3DS,并在上面运行了《生化危机5》。我当时就震惊了,这么小的一个掌上家伙居然有如此强大的3D处理能力。

这时正逢日本的“黄金周”,按照以往我本该到处旅游休假了,不过3DS的出现改变了这一切,我觉得有更重要的事等着我去做。我召集了我的团队,在几周内就做出了一个简版的SSF4,同时也邀请来了任天堂的工作人员,一同来看看SSF4在3DS上的运行效果。看过之后,任天堂的工作人员希望我们能把这段演示视频在E3上公布,不过我拒绝了,因为我觉得时机还不成熟,运行效果还不是很好,不过我还是给他们了一些游戏截图,并同意他们在E3上谈论SSFIV3D。虽然此时SSFIV3D的运行还不是很稳定,不过3DS如此强大的机能已经令我十分震惊。 GamesRadar:记得你曾说过SSFIV3D支持裸眼3D,擦身通信以及其他的一些WiFi功能,而这些功能都只能在3DS上实现。那么除了裸眼3D外,你觉得以上有什么是还没能在PSP上实现的呢?

小野义德:说实话,我从没玩过PSP呢,所以不方便谈论它的性能。另外,虽然目前我也还不是十分熟悉3DS的性能,不过就我与一些在PSP上开发过软件的技术人员的交流过之后,我认为3DS的开发工作要比PSP的简单,这点对于一个全新平台来说是相当不容易的。以往,主机商们提供的开发工具并不是很好,都有不少缺陷。但这次任天堂在开发工具上做的相当不错,不同于其他系统以及其他掌机。

其实你只要看看SSFIV3D的特性,你就能大概了解任天堂这款新掌机的各种功能。目前,我们正在努力完善这款游戏,让你们在玩这款游戏的同时体验到玩家用机版SSF4的经历。3D效果看起来真的很棒,WiFi和擦身通信功能也能让你和其他玩家体验指尖上的格斗。我们将许多关键要素在一个很短的开发周期里整合起来,争取让玩家们在一款游戏里就能体验到3DS的全部功能。  GamesRadar:为了能够表现出场景的深度,SSFIV3D中提供了一个越肩视角,那么在你们的开发过程中是否是试验过各种角度后最终决定了这样一个视角呢?
小野义德:其实确定这样的一个视角并没有花费我们太多时间。之前我们都只局限于一些传统视角,这主要是因为对于一款格斗游戏来说并不是所有角度都是有意义的。不过这次我们则想要让各类玩家都能轻松上手,同时也要表现出3D景深效果,所以我们决定以玩家的视野来设定一种全新的视角,因此我们就设定了全新的越肩视角。这样的视角不但能很好的表现景深效果,同时还能让老玩家们体会到不同的感觉。不过这样的视角并不适合Zangief这样的大个子使用,因为由于体型和角度的原因,Zangief的体型比较大,会挡住对手,玩家不容易掌握与对手的距离而不好掌握投的时机。所以要是你很久没接触街霸了而又想使用全新的越肩视角,那还是用个子较小的Ryu和Ken来进行游戏吧。 GamesRadar:你之前曾说过3DS有家用机般的高性能,可以高质量的移植许多家用机游戏。但毕竟由于掌机太小,性能还是和家用机有一定差距的吧,就拿SSFIV3D来说,是否为了流畅的运行游戏而牺牲了画面或是其他的要素呢?总之肯定会和家用机的有点不同吧?

小野义德:你说的没错,不过在这方面我们有多种折中的方法,技术上也不难实现。其中不同的一点就是角色受到奥义必杀后面部表情的变化。在家用机上我们是通过动画效果以及人物面部多边形骨架的变化来体现表情变化的,而在3DS上我们则是用了另一种包含很多表情的面部模型,用它来实现角色的表情变化。这种不同是很难以觉察的,除非你在60英寸的屏幕上玩SSFIV3D。通过这样建模上的简化还能使得游戏玩起来更加流畅。

另外有些方面则不是单纯的性能问题了,而是开发过程的变化。从前,我们开发游戏时从来不需要考虑背景和游戏主画面的相对距离,因为不管怎样,呈现在玩家面前的都只是个平面而已。在3DS上就不同了,由于裸眼3D的关系,我们必须在一定空间内定位出各个事物。虽然3DS游戏的开发工具有一种新功能,只要提供准确的角度值和Y坐标,就能定位出该物体的空间位置。不过模型有时会出现重叠,本该在比较远位置的物体突然变近了等等各种问题。因此我们还是要将定好位的物体进行修正。所以说这也不算是单纯的移植,毕竟很多方面还是要重新做过的。

这里不是我自夸,我觉得在SSFIV3D和《生化危机:雇佣兵3D》中,我们3D深度效果处理的都不错,这也归功于我们良好的位置修正。而对于其他一些出现在纽约3DS体验会上的游戏,这里我就不直接点名了,从它们的3D深度表现上来看,我就觉得根本没进行过好好的位置校正。我知道由于是试玩,或许其他公司还没有完善他们的游戏。不过我们则始终向玩家展示完美的一面。 GamesRadar:SSFIV3D和家用机版的SSF4是不同的,在游戏发售后可能还将有DLC来扩充游戏的内容或许还会增加街机版里的3个新角色,不过既然都是要增加了,那为何不在即将发售的版本里就直接添加好呢?

小野义德:归根结底还是时间上的原因。作为两个大项目,街机版的SSF4基本上是和SSFIV3D同时开发的,因此我们也没有时间再去把它们进行程序上的整合。另外,由于街机版里新加入了人物,势必会改变游戏的一些平衡性,因此我们会等街机版的SSF4的新平衡性得到验证后再考虑将新的人物加入到SSFIV3D中,这样做不仅时间比较充裕同时也能保证游戏的平衡性不遭到破坏。
因此,正式版的SSFIV3D也不一定就是最终版的SSFIV3D,我们还要进行多次商讨后来确定定街机版SSF4新要素增加的可行性,只是由于时间关系,目前就先提供给玩家一个这样的SSFIV3D。

GamesRadar:那就是说如果不会破坏游戏的平衡的话,街机版本SSF4的新要素就会以DLC的形式增加到SSFIV3D中?

小野义德:其实现在说这个还为时过早了,我们也不能给出确定的答案。当然,如果玩家们都对这样的升级感兴趣的话我们则会尽力满足玩家的要求。总之,这个决定将取决于任天堂的营销策略以及游戏在玩家之间的反响。

家用机版SSF4已经有良好的平衡性了。你可以在锦标赛模式下看到许多其他同类游戏不曾有的可选择角色的数量。而街机版的则比较特别,我们刻意增加了一些更强大的人物,也就是“ultimate evil”风格角色。 我们希望玩家们不断思索着如何打败他们,并尝试各种挑战方式。这更像是为那些铁杆玩家们所准备的,所以就算我们能在SSFIV3D中加入这样的街机要素,我们也不一定非得这么做。总之一切还将取决于玩家,如果3DS的大部分玩家并不喜欢这些新元素的话,我们也不会把这些新人物加入DLC中。 GamesRadar:说到铁杆玩家,想必他们从来不会被强力角色所吓跑,有些人甚至会觉得SSFIV3D就是小儿科并对其嗤之以鼻,借此机会你想对他们说些什么呢?

小野义德:很显然,SSFIV3D并不是一个为了竞技而制作的游戏。我们也不希望它成为任何电子竞技的参赛游戏。本身3DS也没有专门的手柄供玩家们使用。我们更希望它成为一款娱乐休闲的游戏,任何时候都能用它来消磨时间。不过游戏里依旧存在一种“进阶模式”,这种模式下不允许使用“一键必杀”。那些铁杆玩家们可以在这种模式下通过网络与各地的高手们进行对战。

其实SSFIV3D是那种适合睡前玩两把的游戏,它永远也替代不了其他版本的SSF4,它只是个良好的补充。就像你有了电脑你也可以再要iPhone一样。当你想坐下来办公的时候,你就可以用你的电脑,当你出门在外却也需要办公时,你就可以用iPhone,其实做的是相同的事,只不过换了个更小的平台而已。

GamesRadar:我玩过几次SSFIV3D,也做出了一些平时在家用机版本上做出的动作,感觉确实不错。不过有一个点让我感觉别扭,就是L和R键,或许我的手太大了,因此用起来总感觉不太协调。你说3DS怎么不做的大点,并像土星手柄那样的6键分布,让我玩起来更爽快点呢?

小野义德:呵呵,其实你可以模拟出那种效果的。SSFIV3D允许玩家们在下屏自定义任何按键,你可以把轻拳和轻腿定义在下屏,用触屏来按键。虽然这样做并不太完美,不过还是可以模拟出那种效果的,相信很多年轻办公族也会这样自定义的。其实我们当时也试过六个键全都定义在下屏,只是那样用起来相当不舒适。不过管它舒不舒服呢,重在模拟嘛,呵呵。  GamesRadar:再来一个问题,现在索尼已经对外公布了NGP,那你觉得SSF4将来有可能出现在这个新平台上么?

小野义德:呵呵,你觉得到NGP真正发售的时候人们还希望看到另一个移植版的SSF4么?显然大家不会希望我们一直停留在SSF4上的。其实对于NGP和PS3,我们现在已经有一些很酷的计划了,只不过现在还不是公开的时候。

GamesRadar:好吧,最后再来一个私人问题。或许你也感觉到了,我是个超级Blanka迷,可是为什么他都没出现在“漫画英雄VS卡普空”系列游戏中呢?他怎么老是被无情的忽略呀。
 楼主| 发表于 2011-2-7 20:01 | 显示全部楼层
小野义德:额,你说的没错。他确实从没出现,在《漫画英雄VS卡普空3》中也没有。这或许就是他的命吧。命中注定他就是容易被人忽略的。
GamesRadar:这太让人伤心了,你知道吗,尽管在SSF4里由于Juri出色的人设和移动而使我更多的使用她,但Blanka依旧是我自1991年以来最爱用的角色。

小野义德:哈哈,遗憾的是Juri在她的祖国韩国可并不是很受欢迎啊,有人就发邮件告诉我说韩国人不可能有那样的发型。我就在想,巴西人也不会有绿颜色的皮肤啊,而印度人则更不可能喷火了,怎么都没人和我提这两点呢?呵呵,其实这只是个游戏而已。

今年的早些时候我们去了俄罗斯,那时我们才知道“Zangief”根本不可能出现在俄语的拼写之中,也不适合俄语的发音。以前就有人觉得这个名字怪怪的,只是没想到直到20年后我们才发现这个真相。

以上翻译来至泛游系
发表于 2011-2-7 23:01 | 显示全部楼层
没有了这些重要角色,街霸就不是街霸了!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|虎纹猫家园

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 14:37 , Processed in 0.023969 second(s), 14 queries .